Last month (December of 2016) I turned 40.
To celebrate, my hubby Brannon and I went Mexico where we spent the day at Chichen Itza, walking the Mayan ruins. Now, I know enough about how Spirit operates to know that it was no accident that’s where I ended up, and I couldn’t help but feel I’ve spent dozens of lives there.
In a sense, I felt I wasn’t visiting, so much as I was returning home.
And as we strolled along the dusty hot grounds of this ancient and sacred site, I allowed my awareness to wander through the terrain within my own heart and mind as well, finding mementos in the form of lessons I’ve learned over my 40 years of living this life, as Heather.
Below is a list of some of my spiritual lessons thus far.
Some are silly and some are serious, but hey….that’s life! Which brings us the first one the list, picture and all…
1. Even though it looks fun, parasailing in Mexico is not a good idea.
2. Speaking your truth will absolutely piss some people off and that’s a good thing.
3. You become more powerful than you can possibly imagine the moment you start believing in yourself.
4. You purpose isn’t something you do. It’s something you’re called to become.
5. There are two kinds of people in this world. People who swear and people who don’t. People in the former category are way fucking cooler than the latter.
6. You’re parents did the best job they could with what they had at the time. Forgive them.
7. You aren’t responsible for other people’s feelings. Be patient until they figure that out.
8. The world is inherently neutral. Your experience of it mirrors your current level of consciousness and understanding, which in turn, enables you to learn.
9. Star Wars and Gone With The Wind are the two greatest movie that has ever been or ever will be told in the history of forever.
10. It is only possible to love someone as deeply as you love yourself.
11. Intuition is the highest form of intelligence we have.
12. Your feelings a sacred. Only share them with people who will honor the ba-jeezsus out of them.
13. If you need to cry, cry. But you can just as easily laugh about it too, which is always more fun.
14. Don’t take things personally. It’s really not about you, it’s about them.
15. Love people enough to let them learn their lessons. It’s not your job to fix anyone.
16. It’s far more kind to treat people the way they want to be treated, than it is to treat them the way you want to be treated.
17. Never ever ever ever give your power away. To anyone. For any reason. Ever.
18. Do not apologize for things you haven’t done wrong or when you don’t really mean it.
19. Having kid(s) will drain the shit out of you. But once they’re older, they make you feel young.
20. Blaming and shaming are a huge waste of time. Learn what you need to learn and move on.
21. Botox is your best friend once your forehead wrinkles start running the show.
22. Take a leap of faith. Only then can you learn that you really do know what you’re doing.
23. Talent alone isn’t enough. Passion, persistence, action, commitment and courage will take you everywhere.
24. Failure is just one of the many steps you’ll take on you way to inevitable success.
25. Santa’s not real, but you still get presents.
26. The Universe is constantly trying to guide you through signs, symbols, and synchronicity. Pay attention.
27. Knowing where you’re going isn’t necessary in order for you to get started.
28. It’s clique as hell, but so very true that through Love, all things are possible.
29. There comes a time in your soul’s evolution when you simply outgrow religion. It’s ok to let it go, even though the majority of people still seem to need it.
30. If you can’t be happy right now for no reason at all, then you’ll never be happy; because true happiness demands it come, “for no reason at all, right now.”
31. ‘No” is a perfectly good answer that doesn’t need to be followed up with an explanation.
32. It’s better to live a hard truth than a beautiful lie.
33. There’s no point in achieving anything if you don’t stop long enough to celebrate it.
34. You can be spiritual and still kick ass, drink whiskey and be a real person.
35. Change is the only constant thing in the world. You’re ability to manifest is directly correlated with how comfortable you are living in and with the unknown.
36. You’re greatest teachers in life will be the people who hurt and anger you the most. Be grateful for them.
37. Your thoughts and emotions create your reality and both are under your control.
38. You can have it all, but not at the same time.
39. Wine and a night out with your girl friends can solve a surprisingly ginormous amount of problems.
40. The only person you have to spend the rest of your life is you, so you’d better make friends with yourself fast.
And now, I’d love to hear from you!
- What are your major spiritual lessons learned so far?
- Which one on this list resonates most for you?
- Which one have you learned or have yet to learn?
Sound off in the comments and let me know!
With Love & High Vibes,